VMware vCloud Connector 2.5 GA and available to download
What's vCloud Connector?
- vCloud Connector (vCC) is a key differentiator in vCloud Hybrid Service (vCHS) as well as a core component of the vCloud Suite.
- vCC helps customers realize the hybrid cloud vision by providing them with a single pane of glass to view, operate and copy VMs/vApps/templates across vSphere/vCD, vCHS & vCloud Service Providers.
What's new in vCC 2.5?
- Offline Data Transfer (ODT) for vCHS
Allows customers to ship large number of VMs/vApps/templates (>TBs) from on-prem vSphere / vCD to vCHS via an external storage device. Customer uses vCC to export VMs/vApps/templates to the device and ships the device to vCHS. vCHS Ops team then uploads the VMs/vApps/templates from the device into the customer vCHS account. Customer can start using these in their vCHS environment.
Note: This feature only support vCHS as a destination.
- UDP Data Transfer (UDT)
For customers who could leverage the UDP protocol instead of HTTP, this feature will significantly improve the transfer performance of vCC and reduce the amount of time it takes to move VMs/vApps/templates between vSphere/vCD, vCHS & vCloud SPs.
- Path Optimization
Uses streaming between the vCC Nodes to dramatically improve the transfer performance of vCC.
vSphere 5.1, 5.0, 4.x
vCloud Director 5.1, 1.5
- Available to all vSphere, vSphere with Operations Management & vCloud Director customers as a free download.
- Includes all the new features such as ODT, UDT & Path Optimization.
- Datacenter Extension & Content Sync NOT INCLUDED.
- Available via vSphere download in the "Drivers & Tools" tab, Click here
- Available to all vCloud Suite & vCHS customers.
- Includes all vCC Core features plus Datacenter Extension & Content Sync.
- Activated with a valid vCloud Suite license key or a vCC Key provided with the vCloud Hybrid Service Click here